The scientific, cultural, educational club culture under the name ‘ΠΑΝΕΛΛΗΝΙΟ ΙΝΣΤΙΤΟΥΤΟ ΝΕΥΡΟΕΚΦΥΛΙΣΤΙΚΩΝ ΝΟΣΗΜΑΤΩΝ-PANHELLENIC INSTITUTE OF NEURODEGENERATIVE DISEASES’ which resides in Thessaloniki aims for:
- Humanitarian, charitable, voluntary support of mental health and dementia in particular of those suffering from degenerative diseases (The Alzheimer disease, Frontotemporal Dementia, Vascular Dementia, Dementia with Lewy bodies, Dementia in Parkinson’s disease and other neurodegenerative diseases).
- Scientific, professional training in the field of neurodegenerative diseases.
- Ability of establishment and operation of regional vocational training centers(VTC) in order health professionals and citizens to be trained on mental health treatment and treatment and care of patients with neurodegenerative diseases and their families. The sole subject of actions of VTC will be to provide ongoing professional training and activities which are related to it(research, studies, conferences, educational aids for the trainees, participation in integrated training programmes, distancelearning, community initiatives, actions of promotion and support of this preoccupation).
- Ability of having access and information about the scientific developments in mental health and neurodegenerative diseases as well as the organization or participation in activities which contribute to community on mental health and dementia matters, in cooperation with local, state or other social organizations in Greece and abroad.
- The establishment of treatment units-structures, therapy and care with modern methods of treatment of patients with neurodegenerative diseases.6. The development of knowledge on mental health and dementia.